The County Treasurer provides the following services:
- Receives and is the custodian of all money belonging to the County or in which the County has an interest and maintains a true account of all receipts and expenditures for the County.
- Provides real property tax information to County taxpayers, local governments, banks and attorneys.
- Addresses general financial issues affecting the County.
- Develops and issues the County’s annual financial statements.
- Oversees the issuance and payment of the County debt.
- Collection and regulation of the County’s occupancy tax.
- Serves as legal custodian of Court and Trust funds.
- Serves as trustee for cemetery lots.
- Serves as administrator for estates of County residents when called upon.