The Board of Ethics was established by Local Law referred to as the Warren County Ethics Disclosure Law, which enacted the Code of Ethics to establish “clear and reasonable standards of ethical conduct” to govern all County officers and employees.
The Code of Ethics also established the Board of Ethics for Warren County which serves as an advisory board comprised of five members. Three alternate members may also be appointed, with one member selected from each of the three categories above who shall serve in the event that a primary member is unavailable due to illness, unavailability, or when a conflict is present.
All primary and alternate members are appointed by the Board of Supervisors and serve at the pleasure of the Board of Supervisors, without salary or compensation. The current primary and alternate members of the Board of Ethics are:
Robert Iusi Diana Palmer
Ash Anand Peter Aust
George Armstrong Sean Dion
John Bishop Jr.
James McEnaney Jr.
The Code of Ethics assigns to the Board of Ethics five areas of responsibility:
- Enforcing Financial Disclosure Statement filing requirements for all mandatory filers;
- Rendering advisory opinions under Article 18 of the General Municipal Law and the Code of Ethics;
- Initiating investigations on their own or based on a sworn complaint concerning a potential conflict of interest or Code of Ethics violation by a County officer or employee;
- Review and consult filed outside interest form in legislation and other matters; and
- Make recommendations concerning the drafting, adoption, or amendment of the Code of Ethics, upon request by the Board of Supervisors.
The rules and procedures which govern the Board of Ethics are the Warren County Board of Ethics Standing Rules and Procedures, effective April, 22, 2022 (“Standing Rules”).
The legal advisor to the Board of Ethics is the County Attorney. All correspondence for the Board of Ethics may be sent by mail or delivered to:
Warren County Board of Ethics
c/o Warren County Attorney
Warren County Municipal Center
1340 State Route 9
Lake George, NY 12845